Navigating the complex playing field of interests
Sustainability, food safety, health, international trade, market power, transparency – these are topics that frequently attract attention from consumers, NGOs, politicians and the media. The entire chain – from food producers, suppliers and distributors to retailers – is called upon to account for these issues. Perceptions and facts are often mixed up, which requires the right approach to public affairs and communication.
We advise companies, industry associations and organisations on creating and implementing strategies to communicate ideas and views, gain support, influence policy and strengthen reputations. In doing so, we always keep a keen eye on the stakeholders, the decision-making process and which organisation is best placed to do the talking. That may be your own organisation, but sometimes a coalition is more effective.
Examples of how we support clients in the food & retail sector
- Positioning the company as a sustainable player in the food chain;
- Developing a long-term strategy to manage sensitive issues;
- Advising on implementation of European regulations;
- Formulating an approach to manage collective interests (e.g. via a sector organisation);
- Drafting a media strategy and spokesperson line.